Friday, September 16, 2011

Planning for Applefest on SaltSpring!

We had such a good time at Applefest before. I wish I had time to go again this fall. But this year, V-Con science fiction conference is happening that same weekend, and my daughter is bringing her newlywed husband to visit Victoria. So, no Applefest for me. Instead, we'll take the new son-in-law out in Cadboro Bay in the kayaks.
Applefest is a great reason to visit SaltSpring Island, so maybe next year. Another good reason is paddling in Fulford Harbour or Ganges Harbour. But for that, we'll have to see who is interested either in driving onto the ferry with kayaks on their vehicle roofs, or walking on and trundling one of my inflatable kayaks behind them.
Next year, I wonder if the weather will be good enough to camp the night at the campground in Ganges... October is sometimes pretty cold, especially if it rains.
If you haven't been to an Applefest, check out their videos on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment