Saturday, January 21, 2012

Kayak Night in Canada

Players of every sport have their own version of celebration after a goal is scored, but the latest celebration craze in hockey is "the kayak." Check out this clip of Evgeny Kuznetsov scoring a goal for the KHL's Traktor Chelyabinsk:


Here he performs the synchronised kayak with a team mate:


He's not the only player to do the kayak. Here's a different player trying out the move:


Hockey isn't the only sport with a kayak tie-in. Lacrosse has a check called the "kayak check." Check out the video:


Of course, all this pales in comparison to the total awesomeness of the "soccer kayak":

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I had no idea. Well-spotted, John! The soccer kayak move is particularly terrific.
    I've actually DONE the hockey move called the kayak, during the one ice hockey game I ever played. And I did the move after a goal, but it wasn't a celebratory gesture. I was the goalie. And I was sliding on my snowpant-ed rump, skates in the air and flailing with my stick.
    I take some comfort from the knowledge that the game was taking place on natural ice on King's Pond. And if I was a lousy goalie, well, my goalposts were rubber boots and the crease had been polished smooth with the knees of my snowpants. At least I was wearing real hockey skates, not figure skates.

    ReplyDelete